Plesk control panel facilitate a security feature named as password-protected Directories. which allows you to secure your directory or folder with password protection on the server.
Steps to password protect a directory as follows.
- Login to Plesk control panel
- Click on ‘Websites and Domain’ Menu on the left panel
- Find your domain and click on ‘Show More’ dropdown arrow
- Select ‘Password-Protected Directories’ option
- Choose Add Protected Directory. Type folder name in the directory name field, location of the folder and title of the protected area click on OK button.
- Once a directory is added, select that directory. Now you can set a username and password for that folder.
- Click Add New User option and enter Username, password, and confirm password, and click on OK.